Every family gathering we've always enjoyed plates full of Deviled Eggs. Year after year, potluck after potluck, the same paprika covered eggs graced our tables.
Now, I mean NO disrespect to the family classic, but we thought it was time for a TWIST, a Cajun twist!
We introduce to you: Cajun Shrimp and Bacon Deviled Eggs.
These were a HUGE hit at Easter this year, granted we're quarantined so it was me who ate them all, but still...HUGE CROWD PLEASER!
If you're ready to rebel against the beloved classic, keep reading for a full list of ingredients and directions.
If you make these, we'd love to see the outcome! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram @GetInMyBellyTampa
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 4 pieces of Bacon
- 12 Shrimp (peeled and tails off)
- Cajun Seasoning (Use your favorite, add to desired taste)
- Make 6 hard boiled eggs by placing in your air fryer (you can make them the old fashioned way as well) cook at 260 degrees for 15 minutes
- Immediately take them out and place them into an ice bath.
- When cool, peel and cut in half length wise
- Scoop out egg yolks into a mixing bowl
- Add two Tbsp of mayo and one Tbsp of spicy brown mustard to the egg yolks and mix together
- In a frying pan, cook 4 pieces of bacon and break them into pieces, then set aside. Don’t drain the fat.
- In the same pan the bacon was cooked in (this is why we kept the fat), add 12 shrimp (peeled and tails off)
- Sprinkle with your favorite Cajun seasoning onto the shrimp
- Flip shrimp after 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more Cajun seasoning and cook another 2-3 minutes and remove them from the pan.
- Place the egg yolk mixture into a sandwich bag and cut the corner off.
- Pipe the yolk back into the egg.
- Top with a shrimp and bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle with paprika and enjoy!
Send us your favorite recipes at Getinmybellytampa@gmail.com